Beef Steak with Parmesan-Grilled Vegetables
- 2 T-bone or porterhouse steaks cut 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1 ⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers quartered
- 1 large red onion sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 t dried basil
- 1 t pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid on grill and arrange vegetables around steaks.
- Grill steaks, uncovered to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 5 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with vegetables.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.