Flat Iron Steaks with Grilled Corn and Cumin-Lime Butter
- Beef shoulder top blade flat iron steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn in husks
- 2 T butter softened
- 1 t fresh lime juice
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1 small red finger chili cayenne pepper or Serrano pepper
- Lime wedges
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 T ground cumin
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 ⁄2 t freshly grated lime peel
- 1 ⁄4 t ground red pepper
- Pull back husks from corn, leaving husks attached. Remove and discard corn silk. Bring husks back up around corn; tie in place with kitchen string or strips of corn husk.
- Soak corn in cold water 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- Combine rub ingredients. combine 2 teaspoons rub mixture, butter and lime juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Press remaining rub evenly onto beef steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate steaks 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove corn from water. Place on grid and grill, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- About 15 minutes before corn is done, move ears to outer edge of grid.
- Place poblano and finger chili pepper in center of grid
- Grill poblano pepper 10 to 15 minutes and chili pepper 5 minutes or until skins are completely blackened, turning occasionally.
- Place peppers in food-safe plastic bag; close bag. Set aside.
- Place steaks on grid and grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove and discard husks from corn.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 steaks, 2 ears corn and grilled peppers to use in Steak and Grilled Corn Tortillas.
- Carve remaining 2 steaks into slices.
- Squeeze lime wedges over beef, as desired.
- Spread butter mixture over remaining 4 ears of corn.
- Season beef and corn with salt and black pepper, as desired.