- 4 2- lb. Maine lobsters live
- 1 lb. salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic mashed
- 1/4 c fresh parsley chopped
- 2 shallots minced
- 2/3 c fresh lemon juice
- Juice of 1/2 medium orange
- 2 T fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Sauté shallots and garlic in saucepan for five minutes or until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except lobster and lemon wedges, and heat until butter is melted.
- Set aside and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Line grill with aluminum foil. Do NOT cover the entire cooking area with aluminum foil.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Split lobsters: place each on its back, sever the spinal cord by inserting a sharp knife between tail and body and then split lobster in half lengthwise.
- Remove stomach and intestinal vein.
- Crack claws and sprinkle meat with salt & pepper.
- Paint lobster with melted butter mixture.
- Place on grill flesh side down, cooking until there is a light char on the meat.
- Turn, baste with butter and grill until meat is firm.
- Remove lobster from grill and paint with melted butter, keep wrapped in foil.
- Remove claws from lobster.
- Place claws back on grill for 5-6 minutes more.
- Remove and serve with the split lobsters.