Grilled Pound Cake & Peaches with Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Sauce pot
- 1 Cast iron skillet
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 c of Brown sugar
- 1 Store-bought pound cake
- 4-5 Peaches you could use pineapple or nectarines, etc.
- Whipped cream one 16 oz tub
- Bourbon 1-2 oz depending on how pronounced you want the bourbon flavor
- Make the whipped cream first (in advance is best). Make your own whipped cream or use store bought. Chill the bourbon ahead of time. Mix 1 oz of bourbon to 16 oz of whipped cream and a dash of vanilla. Whip together and chill.
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Cut your peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Brush the peaches with butter on the cut side and place them on the grill, skin side down.
- Flip, then brush the skin side with the butter. After a minute on HIGH heat turn the peaches a 1/4 turn.
- After another minute, turn heat down to LOW and flip to the skin side and close lid.
- After 2-3 minutes, brush with butter again and sprinkle a little brown sugar over the peaches.
- Slice pound cake and brush both sides with a generous coating of butter.
- Add a little butter in the cast iron skillet, then add the pound cake. Grill to a golden brown on both sides.
- Take the peaches off the grill. Slice them into approx 7-8 slices.
- Once the pound cake is golden brown on both sides, remove and place on a plate.
- Place peach slices on top of the pound cake.
- Finish with a dollop of the bourbon whipped cream on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
If using a griddle, a cast iron skillet is not required. Brought to you by: Operation BBQ Relief.