Grilled Shrimp and Apple Skewers
- 3 T honey
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 1 T strawberry jam
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 t white sugar
- 2 Gala apples cored and cut into eighths
- 16 jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- Whisk together the honey, olive oil, basil, strawberry jam, red pepper flakes, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and white sugar in a small bowl.
- Place the apples and shrimp into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp and apples, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp and apples alternately on 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the skewers on the grill until the shrimp are opaque (about 5 minutes per side).