Smoked Bourbon BBQ Meatloaf
Prep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: approx. 3 hoursThis ain't your mama's meatloaf. Loaded with delicious smoke flavor and boozy bourbon goodness, you've got to give this one a shot.
- Pellet Grill
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 ea eggs
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/2 green Pepper finely diced
- 3/4 cup Bourbon Butter Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 Tbls Worcestershipre sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- In a skillet - saute onions and peppers until soft. Add the Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Grind your Bourbon Butter Bread crumbs down to fine crumbs and add the milk and bourbon. Let soak until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn on the grill and set the temp to 250°
- Combine the beef, pork, bread mixture, onion mixture and eggs in a large bowl and gently combine. Don't overwork the meat, or it may become tough.
- Form into a loaf, approx 5" wide
- Top with your favorite rub. We love the Coffee Spice BBQ Rub on this one.
- Place on the preheated grill and cook to an internal temp of 150°F (about 3 hours)
- Turn up the heat to 350° and brush on the rest of the BBQ sauce ever 10 mins until the internal temp reaches 160°F
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 mins. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Bourbon Butter Bread Crumbs
- Preheat your grill to 300°F
- In a small pan, combine 3 Tbls butter and 2 Tbls butter. (if you have an audience, this is great to flambe)
- Cut 4-6 slices of bread into 1/2" cubes.
- When the alcohol has cooked off the sauce, add the bourbon sauce to the bread in a large bowl. Toss with a pinch of salt and pinch of garlic powder.
- Spread on a sheet pan or foil and place on the grill for 20 mins or until bread is nice and toasty.