Tequila Steak Pizza on the Grill
- 1 lb beef skirt steak
- 1 c frozen corn thawed
- 1 c chopped seeded tomato
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ⁄4 t salt
- 4 medium flour tortillas about 8-inch diameter
- 2 c shredded Chihuahua or Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro optional
- 1 ⁄4 c fresh lime juice
- 1 ⁄4 c tequila
- 1 T minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons for topping; cover and refrigerate.
- Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill, uncovered, 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved marinade in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove steak; keep warm.
- Place tortillas on grid. Grill, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are evenly toasted, rotating tortillas around grid as needed to prevent over-browning.
- Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are toasted and cheese starts to melt, rotating around grid as needed.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt, as desired.
- Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.