Pepper Jack, Jalapeno and Roasted Red Pepper-Filled Flatbread
- 12 x 10 inch Disposable Aluminum Pan
- 1 t cornmeal
- Pizza dough
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 C pepper Jack cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- 1/2 t coarse sea salt
- Lightly sprinkle the cornmeal in the bottom of the 12 x 10 inch disposable aluminum pan.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured board and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Stretch the dough to a rectangle and scatter half of the cheese, jalapeno, and red pepper on top.
- Fold the dough in half and set in the prepared pan.
- Dip your fingers in olive oil and carefully spread the dough to the edges of the pan so that the dough is an even thickness throughout.
- Lightly make some indentations and scatter the rest of the cheese, jalapeno, and red pepper on top, pressing lightly into the dough.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Let rest for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill.
- Set the pan a pizza stone on top of the grill grate to elevate the focaccia.
- Grill for 15 to 20 minutes with the lid closed.
- Check to see that the middle of the dough is 190°F.
Recipes taken from Patio Pizzeria: Artisan Pizza and Flatbreads on the Grill by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig. Available from Running Press, a member of The Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2014.