Smoked Rosemary Salmon
- 1 1/2- lb Skinless salmon filet
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1 bag Hickory wood chips
- Place salmon in Ziploc® bag.
- Cover salmon with Italian dressing and add fresh rosemary.
- Put in refrigerator overnight, or if time does not permit, at least a couple of hours.
Prepare Wood Chips:
- Soak hickory chips for 1/2 hour or longer.
- Place wood chips in aluminum foil packet and perforate foil. DO NOT cover entire cooking entire cooking area with aluminum foil.
- Note: Salmon must be cooked using indirect heat.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking (between 275 and 300ºF)
- Place wood chips in foil over flame.
- Note: You may want to make another packet of wood chips in foil and change out when the chips in the first packet are burned up.
- Remove salmon from bag and place on the opposite side of the grill.
- Note: Do not place salmon directly over heat source.
- Hint: Place salmon on wire cooking rack. It will be much easier to remove salmon from grill after cooking.
- Slowly cook salmon for approximately 1 1/2 hours. The salmon will be lightly browned.
- Remove the salmon from the grill.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and a lemon wedges.