Chipotle-Marinated Beef Flank Steak
- 1 beef flank steak about 1 1⁄2 to 2 pounds or beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 – 3⁄4 pounds)
- 1/3 c fresh lime juice
- 1 ⁄4 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T packed brown sugar
- 2 t minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 T adobo sauce from chilies
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 t freshly grated lime peel
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt, as desired.