Reverse Seared Porterhouse Steak
This melt-in-your-mouth Porterhouse Steak has a buttery interior finished with a flavorful seared crust. Try the most delicious way to cook Porterhouse steaks.
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- 1 24 ounce Porterhouse Steak
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons beef rub
- 2 tablespoons compound butter
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 250 °F using apple or cherry pellets.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season generously with the dry rub.
- Place the steaks directly on the smoker, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature reaches 110 °F, 30-45 minutes. (120 °F for medium rare)
- Removes the steaks from the smoker. Increase the grill temperature to High and preheat. For optimal results, set it to 500 °F if available.
- When the grill comes to temperature, grill the steaks to an internal temperature of120 – 125 °F for rare, 130 – 135 °F for medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.