Smoked duck is packed with flavor because it’s naturally more fatty than other game birds. The fat content retains moisture and absorb sarich smoky flavor.
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- 1 large duck
- 1/4 cup thick maple syrup
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225 °F using apple pellets.
- Season the inside of the duck with salt,and coat the outside with maple syrup. Salt the outside well. Sprinkle the duck with salt all over the skin.
- Smoke the duck for 4 hours or until the internal temperature in the breast registers 165°F, basting the duck with maple syrup every hour.
- Allow the duck to completely cool before craving.